And there are more updates to this post, as we are using even more tools today:
1. Intercom.io – gives us great insight into what are users are doing in the system, must for any B2B product company, thanks Sahil (Brightpod) for tweeting about this 100 times 🙂
2. Kissmetrics – this helps us track what individual visitors on the website are doing pre signing up and even post signing up, leaves us a good trail of our good customers and bad customers, and we are able to improve on the basis of that.
3. Visual Website Optimizer – A/B testing for us at the Marketing team is a must, we measure and check everything, many experiments have been failures, but atleast we tried, and some have been successful too 🙂 , you should definitely get your hands on this very simple product to use for your business to measure website changes.
4. Webengage – Whenever we want to tell our customers anything on a particular page inside or outside the product, we first push it out using Webengage and then think about codifying it or not.
5. Olark for Chatting – It gives amazing insights into what your website visitor is “not getting” about your product via your website, and it helps in gathering a lot of insights with people whose names you yet don’t know but can give you so much learning and feedback with those 1-1 conversations.
and below are the one’s we use still, excepting Asana, which is undergoing serious competition with Trello. FYI, this is the secret to our team being only 15 people, we use all these products 🙂
So we have now started using 2 more products very keenly within Exotel, and they are for Accounting & Support Tracking Software, let us add them to the below list:
1. Quickbooks (Intuit Online): Quickbooks is a very self-served well done Accounting product and it typically helps us manage all accounting, payment collection, invoicing, financials all in-house and we have No Accountant Yet! So I guess they have a good product rolled out which does what an Accounting Software should. Not have to hire an accountant 🙂 right?
2. Freshdesk : Though I mentioned Freshdesk below, we have now started setting up our help/support page to answer most of our regular questions by every customer, and we are trying to automate a lot of that as well. Here is what we are upto – http://support.exotel.in/
We are a B2B typical SaaS company in India selling to SMEs/MSMEs – remove the need for a physical infrastructure like PRI lines, PBX boxes – as all of this can be hosted on the cloud via us. IVR on the cloud + tons of more internet based interesting things makes it really neat.
But building such a business requires not only a good product, but smart integrations and processes. A lot of Entrepreneurs and start-ups ask us what we use and what is working well. If we are using something – it’s working well 🙂 , below is a list of products and tools we use every-day at Exotel to help smooth-en our Sales, Customer Support, Bug Tracking, Hiring, Documents sharing etc.
1. Asana – This product is amazing, allows us to manage so many tasks, inter-team and intra-team related issues, keeps a great log of all the bugs for tech + product and allows us to focus on things that we need to solve immediately. We do daily stand-ups which helps us keep track of everyone’s tasks.
Recommend for : Tech Bug Tracking, Customer Support Tasks and Inter-team productivity
2. Recruiterbox – A home-made Indian product we absolutely love. Never have we felt the need for any support or reason to reach out and understand how to use the product. Amazing UX/UI and it allows you to manage all your Hiring needs in this product itself. We have automatic responses, internal notes, reports, openings and all conversations in 1 place. We don’t use e-mails at all for Hiring.
Recommend for : Hiring and Tracking Hiring
3. Pipedrive – European product, expensive but really neat and now that their APIs are out, integration is much more slick. Any Sales guy would love this product, allows you to define stages and keep tracking a deal from zero stage to Won stage. You can keep track of the entire customer’s life-cycle, even post-sales. Very quick data can be picked out of the product as well to get stats on sales personnel.
Recommend for : Sales Pipeline Management
We are building something for our CRM in-house and felt that’s the best way to go. In-fact most of our customers build a CRM internally and then integrate Exotel into that – makes the union beautiful as well.
Do try some of the above products for your companies/start-ups. Should be worth it.