Last updated on: 07th February, 2013.
What information do we collect?
- We collect information from you when you register on our site for a trial or a full account, Convert your trial account to a full account, or configure your details within our systems.
- When registering on our website or commencing use of our Services, you may be asked for details like your name, e-mail address, phone number, business name and other details of your business.
- Apart from the above mentioned personally identifiable information, Exotel also stores details of your calls and SMSes received or initiated using Exotel’s Services. These details include but are not restricted to the the phone numbers that interact with your Exotel account, IVR content, Call recordings and SMS content.
- Exotel also automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, cookie information and the page you request.
How do we use this information?
Exotel uses the information collected from you to provide you with access to our services and services from our affiliates and to monitor your use of such services.
Your information may also be used
- to resolve a complaint raised by you as governed by our Terms Of Service
- to provide you with new product information and support services offered by us
- to notify you of technical updates or changes in policy
- to improve the content and functionality of the Exotel’s services
- to help us better understand our users, or to deliver other services
Is The Information Shared or Disclosed?
Exotel does not sell, trade or transfer your information to outside parties. Your information within our Systems and may be accessed by only our Employees and affiliates in order to maintain or enhance the Service or resolve a customer complaint.
There are, however, certain circumstances in which we may share your information with certain third parties without further notice to you, as set forth below:
- Agents, Consultants and Related Third Parties:Exotel, may use other companies to perform certain business-related functions. Examples of such functions include maintaining databases and servers, processing SMSes and Calls and processing payments. When we employ another company to perform a function of this nature, we only provide them with the information that they need to perform their specific function.
- Business Transfers: As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event, personally identifiable information may be part of the transferred assets. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer or successor of Exotel may continue to use your information as set forth in this policy.
- Legal Requirements and Other Circumstances: Exotel may disclose your personally identifiable information if required to do so by law or in the good faith that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, (ii) protect and defend the rights or property of Exotel (iii) protect against legal liability.
- Third Party Applications and Services: If you elect to use one or more third party applications that interoperate with Exotel’s service, those applications may upon your election be given access to your information. Please remember that Exotel is not responsible for the policies and practices of third party application providers, and Exotel shall have no liability arising from any action of any such provider as it concerns your data or information or otherwise.
Though we store and handle your information in a reasonably secure manner and in good faith, Exotel provides no guarantees whether express or implied about the security and privacy of your data.
Yes. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computers hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information. Cookies may be used for our implementation and use of Display Advertising. Visitors can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads using the Ads Preferences Manager . We use Remarketing with Google Analytics to advertise online. Third-party vendors, including Google, show our ads on sites across the Internet. We and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on someone’s past visits to your website.